Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Why can't my wife learn how to sew?

I was hesitant at first when my wife asked me to sew something that was pink and girly. She was having a gift exchange with some of her girlfriends and they agreed that the gifts were not to cost over ten dollars each and they had to be hand made. She came to me asking if I would make 5 fabric clutches(small purses) for her. I told her no, I have no interest in making something that is pink and girly. Besides, what would their husbands think when they found out that I was sewing purses? It took about a week before I said why not. Who cares what color it is or what its purpose is, it was a lot of fun and very rewarding to make. She found the tutorial at http://www.marthastewart.com/article/fabric-clutch.

2 comments:

  1. Dude! You rock. My husband tried using my sewing machine while I was gone. He wanted to make curtains for our daughters' play room, (he'll do anything for them). He got frustrated and quit. Later he told me what he had tried doing and how my machine kept beeping at him and wouldn't go. I showed him that he wasn't putting the foot down! Silly guy. Wish he'd learn to sew!

    Love that you are manly enough to do things that other men are too seamy to do! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "too weany" not "seamy". Thank you iPhone for trying to auto correct everything I type!!!

    ReplyDelete