Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sewing Satifaction

I get the look of disbelief when people find out that I enjoy sewing. A common misconception is that sewing is exclusively a hobby for women and feminine men. I am neither of them. I have a wife and three young sons and have been accused of being to Manley to father a daughter! For me sewing isn't about something pink and girly. It is about Creating something from nothing. Sewing is truly an art form.

My goal with sew is to hone my skills to the point where I can create a quality garments. I still have a long way to go, but i am sure that i will get there eventually.

1 comment:

  1. My Dad wood worked as I was growing up, so I learned a lot about that process. When I found sewing I immediately thought it was so similar to wood working. I'm good at following directions, putting a pattern together is like solving a puzzle, and I get a ton of satisfaction from creating something from basic materials... there are lots of non-girly things about sewing... all my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete